William Cottam – President
Bill Cottam has a B.A. in Geology from UNC, Wilmington and is a certified Insurance Adjuster.
With over 20 years of catastrophic environmental loss experience, and six years in insurance claims management, Bill has developed a variety of technical skills and an excellent reputation for specialized claims analysis. Bill’s professional experience includes:
- Environmental insurance claims investigation in the areas of Superfund enforcement, underground storage tanks, chemical spills, emergency response, civil engineering projects and industrial hygiene management
- Consultation, site audits, and project management experience in the chemical, petroleum, real estate and distribution industries, including contract negotiations with defense contractors, real estate agents and attorneys
- Training in emergency response, groundwater hydrology, hazardous waste operations and OSHA haz/mat response
Robert Cottam – Vice President of Operations
Bob Cottam, a graduate of the University of South Carolina, has over 25 years of environmental experience, ranging from underground storage tanks to emergency response management. Bob’s wide range of experience and expertise in the environmental area includes:
- Toxicology, industrial textile products, chemical products, waste fuels programs, site development, heavy construction, sewage and water treatment
- Environmental consulting, design, construction, remediation, demolition, regulatory compliance and arbitration
- Strategic planning, crisis management and project oversight
Ashley Foster Weir, CPA – Chief Financial Officer
Ashley Weir is a Certified Public Accountant, with a M.A. in Accounting and B.A. in Mathematics from the University of North Carolina. Her professional experience includes portfolio accounting, financial analysis and tax preparation.
Ashley provides expertise in forensic accounting, claims support and fraudulent claims analysis. Her focus on cost analysis and financial management provides added value to every project.
Ankit Shah – Director of Information Technology
Ankit Shah has over six years of IT experience as an Oracle Technical Analyst. He has a master’s degree in Information Technology from the University of Phoenix, an H.D. in Software Engineering from the University of Gujarat, India and a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Sardar Patel, India.
Ankit brings significant skills to our team with his expertise in numerous operating systems and databases. His technology and software development, maintenance and support allow Piedmont Risk Management to efficiently provide detailed information and enhanced communication capabilities to our clients.
Back to Top